IT Support Blog
We are a young, dynamic IT support business based in South London/Croydon that provides a wide range of services to the general public and business clients alike. Over the last year, we have grown substantially through signing up more businesses to our services so we’re looking to take on an extra pair of hands. We are looking for an outgoing individual with a passion for customer service, IT, and business that’s not only enthusiastic about IT but can help drive our business forward through sales and marketing.
SysFix IT Support provides IT support contracts to small and medium businesses across London and the United Kingdom. We have been supporting local businesses since 2003 with our main ethos geared towards helping businesses make the most out of information technology. Providing our clients with unlimited remote, email and telephone support for a fixed monthly fee. A personal service comes as standard as we pride ourselves on knowing each client individually and tailoring our service to their needs. In 2015, SysFix moved to Limited Company Status and are now looking to grow our team.
We are looking for a bright, outgoing individual who enjoys IT not only as a career but also as a hobby. The ideal candidate must be able to engage in conversation with our clients in a professional manner in an upbeat personal way. IT skills are paramount but maintaining and developing our client relationships is essential therefore we are looking for someone who is a people person.
When you join our team, you’ll not only be resolving customer IT issues from a desk but you’ll also provide on-site support at customer locations, help out with Website Design, Search Engine Optimisation, and Sales by bringing in new business through IT support Contracts, offsite backup and Office 365 subscriptions.
This is an exciting opportunity as joining the business at this stage means that you can grow with us and the more the business grows, the more you do too.
A strong background in technical support is a great advantage especially if you also have a head for business, sales, social media and marketing.
This is initially a fixed term 1-year contract. If you prove yourself to be an asset to our business, we would look to give a permanent position.
Duties/areas of responsibility
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility after training and under supervision
• Escalating IT issues to the IT manager where necessary
• Responsible for managing backups
• Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
• Undertaking small- to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by your line manager
• Providing desktop and server support
• Supporting and maintaining Microsoft and linux Server/Desktops and Microsoft Exchange
• Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops
• Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops
• Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
• Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
• Trouble shooting laptop and desktop issues
• Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops using OTRS help desk
• Completing internal user moves including phones
• Patching of network and phones
• Making of Cat 5 e network cables were necessary
• Ensuring all logs for equipment and users are maintained
• Setting up and configuring new client servers
• Installing authorised software to client servers
• Ensuring patches and upgrades are applied to client servers
• Fault finding on client servers
• Creating purchase requisitions for IT hardware/software
• Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
• Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes
• Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with client requirements
• Providing support for MAC PCs
• Provide marketing support to help grow the business through social media web design and cold calling etc.
• Provide both onsite and off-site support
• Preparing documents, meeting materials and correspondence
• Performing basic administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives
• Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the IT manager
• Working extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
• Providing assistance as required to the IT manager
• Providing assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
• Data entry on QuickBooks
• Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business, this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the company.